The Autism CARES Act (CARES stands for Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education, and Support) provides critical funding for support, research, and education. It will expire on September 30, 2019 if not reauthorized before that date.
This law does the following:
- Increases the federal government’s response to the increasing numbers of individuals diagnosed with autism
- Expands & coordinates existing federal efforts including: Research being conducted within the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Surveillance and awareness activities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Professional development and research into evidence-based interventions at the Health, Resources, and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) ensures all federal agencies are coordinating their efforts, sharing information, and obtaining input from people on the autism spectrum and family members as well as other outside experts
You can read more here on Autism Society of America’s website, and TAKE ACTION by emailing our California U.S. Senators and Representatives at the link below!
IT ONLY TAKES 2 MINUTES! Just enter your personal contact information and Autism Society of America has done the rest by drafting the email for you (you can make edits if preferred).
SEND EMAIL NOW!
Please help to make a difference! Get the Autism CARES Act reauthorized by Taking Action Today! Thank you!