The Autism Society conducted a Facebook poll asking what topics you want support for most during the COVID-19 crisis, and 60% of you requested Mental Health tips and resources. Many of us are feeling increased anxiety and uncertainty during this challenging time; the Autism Society team and our Panel of Professional Advisors put together Mental Health and Respite resources for our families to find relief.
- CDC’s Mental Health & Coping with COVID-19
- MHIN: Addressing Mental Health & Supports
- WHO Mental Health Considerations
- Tips for Dealing with Social Isolation
- Many Mindfulness & Calming apps offer free trials (these are not sponsored or affiliated with Autism Society):
- Respite care provides short term relief for primary caregivers. It can be arranged for just an afternoon or for several days or weeks.
- Lifespan Respite Programs by State
- Information about Lifespan Respite State Grantees
- AARP Family Caregiver hotline, includes support for those caring the individuals with disabilities
- If a person’s caregiver is quarantined due to COVID-19, they may request emergency support from their provider agency. If the individual has self-directed services, coordinate with their Support Broker to arrange for alternative staff.
If you have questions about the measures we are taking to ensure the safety of the people we serve, or for those needing support, visit our COVID-19 website page or please contact our National Helpline at 1(800)3-AUTISM, or via email at email@example.com.