The Autism Society conducted a Facebook poll asking what topics you want support for most during the COVID-19 crisis, and information on financial support and assistance was one of the top requests. COVID-19 has disrupted many people’s ability to work, which impacts their ability to pay for essential needs, like food and shelter. The Autism Society team and our Panel of Professional Advisors put together Lifestyle Supports resources for our families to find the help they need.
- Disability Insurance:
- If you are unable to work due to having or being exposed to the virus you can file a disability insurance claim- which provides short term benefit payments to eligible workers. US Department of Labor, Disability Insurance
- Paid/Unpaid Family Leave:
- Unemployment Insurance:
Community Living Resources
- HHS Administration for Community Living: COVID-19 Information
- CMS: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in nursing homes
- Department of Labor: Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Homes and Residential Communities
Food & Nutrition
If you have questions about the measures we are taking to ensure the safety of the people we serve, or for those needing support, visit our COVID-19 website page or please contact our National Helpline at 1(800)3-AUTISM, or via email at email@example.com.